During the course of the year at Lliswerry there is a large number of educational trips and visits which play such an important role in widening pupils’ experiences and interests. These include:
Years 9 -13 Skiing trip (February Halfterm)
The cost of the trip includes:-
- Return executive coach travel from school to resort
- 6 night’s Full Board accommodation
- Fully comprehensive travel insurance
- Ski Breakage guarantee insurance
- All local taxes
- Resort lift passes for 6 days
- Ski lessons – 4 hours per day
- Hire of skis, boots, poles and helmets for the trip
Year 7 trip to London (March)
The purpose of the visit is to offer the students a range of experiences which will promote their personal and social development and which they can relate to in their studies in various subject lessons.
The programme for this trip included visits to:
- Shrek Experience
- London Zoo
- London Aquarium
- Guided tour of Wembley Stadium
- London Dungeons
- Meal at Rainforst Cafe
- British Airways London Eye
- A theatre visit to see popular shows (to be confirmed)
The party have bed and breakfast in a three star hotel in Central London. Pupils share rooms, with two or three students in each room. All rooms have ‘en-suite’ facilities.
Breakfast is served in the hotel restaurant. Evening meals are taken in a local restaurant. Lunch is provided each day, except on the day of travelling to London, where children bring a packed lunch. The cost of the trip includes all admission charges, theatre tickets, all meals and accommodation.